How to Play Battlebird
BattleBird is a fast-paced two-square match game that features paddles you wear instead of paddles you hold. Square up your court and let the game begin!
- 2 ground court straps - 1 blue, 1 orange
- 2 hand paddles
- 1 game birdie
- 1 extra birdie
- 8 ground stakes
- 1 carry bag
How to Play:
After setting up the squares, each player wears the paddle mitt on their dominant hand. Hit the birdie to land in your opponent’s square to score points. Modify the difficulty and speed of the game by setting up the squares closer or further away. For an added challenge, increase the distance from your squares each round.
How to Set Up the Squares:
- Lay out the court straps to form a square - on soft ground
- Set up the two squares so they are 1-2 meters apart
- Make sure both squares are even and aligned
- Secure corners with ground stakes
Recommended Distances Between Squares:
- 1 meter // 3.25 feet
- 2 meters // 6.5 feet
- 3 meters // 10 feet
How to Score Points:
Hit the birdie with the paddle towards your opponent. You cannot spike on a serve. It can only be hit upwards or forwards to allow for a fair game.
- If the birdie lands in your opponents square, you get 1 point.
- If it lands outside your opponent’s square, they get 1 point.
2v2 Doubles Match Game
Add another BattleBird set to play doubles! Play in teams of two, and set up four squares.