Careers at Waboba
We work hard, and we play hard. We believe in making a difference in the world by bringing people together to play outside for as long as possible with unique toys and sporting goods. With Waboba, we help people disconnect to reconnect, and keep life fun while they're at it too!
Want to be a part of our mission and play like a kid? View our current openings.
Social Media Marketing Manager | Charleston, South Carolina, USA
We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Manager with a fun-loving personality to join our team. As the Social Media Manager, you will take over and lead our global social media presence and influencer partnerships. This is a multifaceted role that demands creativity, playing with our products, strategic thinking, drive and a finger on the pulse of social media. You will collaborate with our marketing team to implement effective strategies across various platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is a natural with a smart phone and embodies the spirit of social media and content creation. You’re not afraid to be on camera and look like a fool, and enjoy playing outdoor sports and recreational activities (especially Waboba). You have a deep understanding of what makes content engaging, entertaining and shareable. Your expertise isn't just limited to posting; you know the ins and outs of customer interactions, influencer marketing and have a track record of running successful ambassador campaigns. Ideally, your experience includes working with a sport, toy, or outdoor lifestyle brand, where you've tied social media strategies to tangible results.
- Content Creation and Management: Craft and oversee engaging content tailored to each social media platform. Responsible for capturing, editing and posting content that aligns with our brand's voice, audience, and lifestyle
- Influencer Partnerships: Identify and manage relationships with key influencers, organizations, athletes and brands, ensuring effective collaborations that align with our brand values and marketing goals
- Engagement and Interaction: Monitor our social media channels, engaging with our community, managing inquiries, and fostering a positive brand experience every day
- Channel Growth and Audience Expansion: Take charge of growing audience by increasing reach, enhancing engagement, and consistently meeting or exceeding goals
- Create Raving Fans: Implement strategies to attract and retain followers, turning them into loyal brand advocates a.k.a. Wabobians
- Sales Generation and Website Traffic: Responsible for leveraging social media platforms to generate sales and drive traffic to our website or Amazon. Implement targeted strategies to convert followers into customers, optimizing social media content and campaigns for direct impact on sales and website engagement
- Cross-Platform Coordination: Develop a cohesive content calendar across all platforms, ensuring brand consistency and effective campaign execution
- Reporting and Analysis: Provide insightful reports to measure campaign performance, brand mentions, and engagement—and contribute to the continuous improvement of strategies
- Creative Input: Actively participate in the marketing team, bringing forward innovative ideas to elevate Waboba’s brand presence
- Trend Analysis: Stay on top of social media trends and execute innovative approaches to engage new and existing audiences
- Proven track record and 2-5 years experience in social media management
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and creative skills
- Proficient in social media marketing, including affiliate marketing, influencer marketing and digital marketing
- Highly proficient in capturing photo and video content, with the ability to create compelling content tailored for social media and advertisements
- Excellent editing skills and proficiency in editing videos for Reels, TikTok, and YouTube Shorts, using in-app editing software, CapCut, Adobe Premiere Pro, or similar tools
- Deep knowledge of design platforms and a keen eye for design
- Ability to swiftly adapt to and implement content trends into your social media calendar in a creative way
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- Attributes: Self-motivated, responsible, and creative. Eager to contribute to a growing company and embody our “keep life fun” lifestyle.
Who You’ll Work With:
You will report to the Marketing Director and work closely with the marketing and sales team to implement effective and top tier social marketing campaigns.
- Remote position
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- International and domestic travel
- Paid healthcare reimbursement
- Playing and being outside
- Working with cute dogs
Note: This is a remote position. We are open to applicants outside of Charleston, but it's important you live in an outdoor-friendly location given our products and this job requires playing outdoors. Bummer, right?